Tuesday 23 June 2009

NEW Oven - 窑


My apartment comes "fully furnished", however one glaring thing it was lacking from the kitchen was an oven. I've promised that i'd cook for the people from the office but I really wasn't sure how I'd go about doing this with only 4 hobs and a microwave so I eventually crumbled and purchased myself a mini oven. It is actually a pretty amazing bit of kit -cost £20 - is about the size of an average microwave and comes with the attachments to turn it into a dedicated chicken rotisserie! As it is electric it also heats up in no time whatsoever - i learnt this as I left the complimentary oven glove that they supplied (a lovely lemon yellow in colour) on top of the oven for about 2 minutes as it heated up and soon smelt the burning!

Any how, see below for the first attempt at cooking with the oven. Chicken breast stuffed with mozarella cheese and wrapped in proscuito ham, served with pasta, asparagus, carrots and broccoli. The chicken was dirt cheap - 90p for two breasts and the vegetables were again near free but the western type foods i.e. pasta, mozarella and proscuito were hideously expensive but it was nice to be able to cook at home and enjoy a home made meal. Only bad news is that I now had 12 hungry colleagues waiting to be fed.

notice that my "fully furnished" apartment comes complete with plastic fork


No comments:

Post a Comment