Monday 15 June 2009

Warehouse....PARTY

As part of Carsten's going away celebrations we ended up at a Warehouse party in quite a rundown part of the city. The story of how we ended up there is quite protracted but might as well enlighten you as I have nothing better to do. I received a message from someone I know on Facebook telling me there was a "secret" warehouse party taking place and telling me to bring friends but not to tell many people as the chinese police had a habit of shutting these things down. The next day the same invite appeared on a blog i read but with the same warning and then on the day of the party it was posted on a major shanghai website advertising events. We thought we'd been duped by pretty clever guerilla marketing but as we turned up there were signs telling you to go straight in and not make too much noise and it was taking place in a warehouse so I guess it was pretty much as described. The music was good and the drinks were cheap so no complaints from me anyway!



Below is a photo from another blog showing the warehouse in daytime....

No comments:

Post a Comment