Thursday 16 July 2009

Bund Views


Went to Bar Rouge - one of Shanghai's most famous bars on Saturday night to celebrate my birthday. I wasn't amazingly keen on the place at first as I thought it was over full, over expensive and populated by an annoying mix of pretentious snobs, wannabees and prostitutes *is there ever a good mix of those three categories of people?* I was all ready to leave and move somewhere else within about 30 minutes of arrival but was convinced to stay a little longer by Xuan as he had only just got there. I'm glad he did as as the night drew on the bar emptied a little and as the sun came up the terrace gave us the most fantastic view of the bund. It was lovely - a birthday I'm sure never to forget. I've just put some photos of the skyline here - i'll include more of the actual evening later.... the view made me wish I had a *proper* camera... I really like how you can see the hole in the top of the world financial centre and also the pearl tower looming large in the foreground.


No comments:

Post a Comment