Saturday 14 March 2009

Arrival and Room

I arrived in Shanghai on Thursday at 10.00am. We were half an hour late arriving due to some old fogie falling up the stairs and cutting her leg open. She demanded on getting on the plane still which meant that paramedics had to come on to see her. After about an hour they decided she couldn't fly and carried her off - despite her best efforts to argue that she was OK to stay on. The whole time this was happening I was growing more furious because first class were getting drinks and I was getting sodd all!

My anger soon relented when we took off and the drinks trolley came round. They offered me a champagne or wine, I asked for beer - they replied "heneiken, budweiser or LONDON PRIDE" QUALITY!!! I ordered two cans on each rotation. The lady sat next to me actually looked a little worried as I quickly polished these off and pressed the assistance button in order to get some more. I justified this to myself as necessary in order to escape jet lag (i think it worked). After 8 cans I'd finished watching the film,had had my dinner and was well ready for some sleep.

I live in Hong Kong Plaza in on huahuailu. The apartment is lovely.You can see from the pictures that it is quite modern and clean, and I think there is a cleaner to help me keep it that way. There is a spare room that should come in handy if any visitors want to come and stay. The apartment block has the use of a swimming pool, gym,sauna,jacuzzi and tennis court so there are plenty of things to do in my spare time other than watching fake dvds and drinking in bars etc.

I live about about 5 minutes walk from the Office and extremely close to a modern area called Xintiandi which is home to a good collection of modern bars, nightclubs, restaurants, coffee shops etc. There is also a cinema showing western films anda huge shopping complex. It's probably too expensive for me to eat there everyday but is still much cheaper than western prices for the equivalent. Its good being close to this as means can just nip out for coffees and go for a quick beer after work.
I've just added a few more pictures of the apartment.


No comments:

Post a Comment