Sunday 22 March 2009

Teaching China to Dance

Whilst exploring on saturday I managed to somehow stumble across the China X Games 2009. These were taking place just down a side street. It was a mixture of BMX, Skateboarding, In line skating events. There were a few western competitors whom i presume must have been quite famous. They weren't tony hawks or anything but they were still quite impressive. The chinese looked on in awe. I don't think they'd ever seen a bike ridden like that! There was also a music stage and more amusingly a street dancing stage. This was funny as at first the professionals got up and did a little dance, they then bribed volunteers to come and have a go - using bags of doritos as the bait. I've uploaded the two versions - professional and amateur. I'll leave you to guess which attempt is which but I think the locals have got some way to go just yet!





No comments:

Post a Comment