Wednesday 1 April 2009

KTV

KTV = Kareoke. They love it in the east. The chinese seem to go there at every opportunity and for the tinniest of excuses. I asked of lady in the office what she was going to do this next weekend and she said that she was going to kareoke at 9am! Crazy.

When the girls in the office get paid they like to go to KTV for a bit of a celebratory night out. However, unlike at home, here Kareoke isn't just about getting drunk and acting a fool. Whilst the girls all had a great time and would mess around they took the singing really seriously and didn't touch a drop of alcohol. They even up dancing and playing tamborine and a series of other percussion instruements. Whilst admittedly that sounds quite boring it was actually really good fun. and a good way to get to know the girls from the office.

There isn't much point me telling you what I sang - it was english, but am positive it was barely unrecognisable.

We had food at the KTV which was surprisingly good as well although they did try to force feed my ducks neck at various intervals through out the evening which wasn't too enjoyable!

They charge per person per hour in these places and when the bill came I was a little nervous, however in all for 3 hours (!!) of singing, quite a bit of food and soft drinks all round it came to £20 which I didn't think was too bad. So I treated the others. I would have preferred to go for the £50 package though that was 3 hours singing, food, beer and a couple of bottles of whiskey and mixers. Maybe next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment