Wednesday 1 April 2009

Views of the School...



Last weekend I went back to Shijiazhuang to visit the place where I lived last time I was in China. I lived in the school for 6 months from September 2006 to March 2007. When we went to the school in 2006 we were told that the school had great plans for a new sports pitch and running track. However you will see from these photos that not much has really changed at all. The same dirt track for a football pitch, same living quarters for the students, same sheds for the teachers to wash their hair in and the same broken window from when Dan Wate smashed a footy against the boiler house! It's a real shame as you can't really imagine kids in england going to school in such conditions - and this school is meant to be quite an expensive private school!! Maybe one day when I have some spare cash I can help to finance a football pitch! I'd plough up the basketball courts to make way for it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment