Wednesday 5 August 2009

Holiday

Most of my office is on holiday at the moment so I thought it would be a perfect chance for me to have a break before coming back to England. Last time I was in china I managed to travel to most of the places I wanted to go to in the centre and east of China but never got a chance to travel to south of the country so I'm taking the oppotunity to explore Yunnan Province.
Yunnan, close to Thailaind, Burma and Vietname, is meant to be one of the most beautiful provinces in China with amazing scenary and beautiful wildlife. I'm going to spend two weeks there exploring. I fly into Kunming on Saturday and stay there for one night (just another big chinese city) before catching the 8 Hour bus to Lijiang. We'll spend 4 days exploring Lijiang, 2 days at Lu Gu Hu (a lake village where marriage doesn't exist), 2 days at Tiger Leaping Gorge (arguably the world's deepest canyon) and then onto Shangri La for 4 days. Really wanted to go from Shangri La to Lhasa for a couple of days in tibet but it would have been too much hassle with visas so have decided to spend more time in Lijiang.
Will try and take some decent pictures and keep you up to date with what i'm doing. After I come back from holiday I have about 2 weeks before flying home.

No comments:

Post a Comment